Saturday, March 1, 2014

downwind from skinned

when you look at me
the molecules
of my being
are disheveled and rearranged
into a frenetic movement
of primordial and philosophic longing. 

The slight of your stare,
the curve of your mouth
distracts me from the cranial crash of
alphabet soup known as language. 

I falter in the light of your power,
the disarming delicatessen of
tug,
pull,
crash,
fall,
rise,
swell,
attack,
retreat. 

I contract,
e x p a n d,
swell,
and weep
in a small,
silent,
dry
manner that leaves me
puckering,

a parched, shriveled lime
with seeds gaping inwardly,

a fig once ripe,
frigid with freeze burn,
cold and tasteless,

for you are the crocus on another lily’s leaf,
floating on the sea salt roof of the world,
far above the valley that consumes me,

a      slow      savory      destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment