Monday, August 18, 2014

i became weaponized



I tied words around my biceps and abdomen 
so that i might pull them from the sheath and 
toss them like daggers. 
The curve of my pen 
sliced the skin, 
removing chunks of viscera, 
cardiac mishappenings; 
the ink flowed in a steady arsenic movement 
from constructed context 
to 
ambivalent inevitability. 
Syllable after syllable, 
thought after thought, 
I used my mental weaponry in 
constant battle against 
any hint of foe 
until I realized there was 
no winning this war. 
My opponents were armed with 
indestructible walls 
closing them in, 
protecting them, 
bending my knives 
until they bounced off and came back to sting me. 

As the poison begins to seep through my veins, 
I realize I have become my own downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment